Thursday, May 28, 2009

Food Network Cooking Club Challenge (May)

I had fun working on this challenge because I knew right off the bat I didn't like the name, White Chocolate Banana Loaf. It led me to believe it was a breakfast bread and I have a problem with chocolate in breakfast breads. I think at that point they go from breakfast to dessert. I bought a decorative pan to make little individual cakes. With that in mind, my presentation lends itself better to be a dessert than a breakfast food.
You'll have to go to foodtv.com, Cooking Club Challenge May, for the recipe since there is no sense in me rewriting it. I made a few slight changes. Chocolate and cinnamon aren't a good combination to my palette. I reduced to 1/4 tsp Cinnamon and added 1/4 tsp of Cardamom. The recipe is a little dry which was a common complaint among this month's bakers. To remedy, add 1 1/2 Bananas instead of 1 banana.
For the presentation, I sliced 1 cake and left the other whole. I heated 1/2 Cup 1/2 & 1/2 and turned off the heat then added about 1/3 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips for a quick chocolate sauce. I diced A Single Strawberry and snipped Fresh Mint. Once done setting up the plate, using a potato peeler, I shaved White Chocolate over the entire presentation. I got to eat this sample and it was really good.

No comments: