Sunday, August 15, 2010

Orange and Oregano Sticky Fingerling Potatoes

I thought up this recipe about 10 years ago, it's just taken me that long to actually make them.   The idea came to me as I misread the title to a recipe.  I thought, Oooo, that sounds good, then as I read the ingredients, the ones I was looking for weren't listed.  So here is my recipe.  I saw lots of different Fingerling Potatoes and choose the multi-colored package for around $4.
Rinse 1 lb Fingerling Potatoes and place in pot.  Cover with water, place lid on pot and bring pot to a simmer over medium heat.  Cook the potatoes for about 20-25 minutes until tender but don't fall apart when stabbing with a fork to check for doneness.  Drain into a colander.  While potatoes are cooking, Zest 1 Orange and Juice 1 half.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat.  Add 1 Tbl Sugar and melt, this will take a few minutes.  Add potatoes and toss around coating the potatoes.  Add Orange Juice.  Add 2 Tbl UnSaltedButter and continue to cook.  Add Orange Zest and 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano (fresh if you have it) toss for another few minutes.  Add S&P and serve hot.  As my son said, it smells like Christmas!

No comments: