Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chateau Rollan de By, 2009

I went to a Bordeaux tasting about two months before Christmas.  I really kept going back to this wine which is 70% Merlot and 20% Cab.  It was full enough to hold up against a Standing Rib Roast but also what I like to consider "drinkable."  Not heavy on the tannins but not wimpy either.

My husband kept referring to this wine as a Pinot Noir, though I didn't agree based on the bottle shape alone, but if you like the lighter dry pinots, this may be a wine for you...if you can find it.


 At the time of the tasting, I was going to wait to buy it and was told it had done well and that less than 1 case remained of the 6 they got in.  At least locally, I'm not sure I can get more.  This wine was around $30 and during dinner, seven of us killed three bottles in no time.

You can research the winery in France, it truly looks lovely as was the wine!!

No comments: