Friday, April 3, 2020

Smoothie Season

About 5 years ago we gave our son a Ninja.  What I love about it is how smooth the smoothies end up especially when using berries.  We've been on a kick of walking the dog then making a smoothies when we get back.  I had a ton of spinach so my son suggested we add some.  I have to admit, I like the texture (not to mention the healthy additive) and as he said, you can't taste it.  The Ninja is also nice because it comes with 3 cup sizes.  A single, a large single and a double which is perfect for 2 singles.  

These aren't ultra healthy type smoothies although you can certainly make them that way, these are just fun breakfast replacement smoothies with.  

I've grown to love them with Sherbet and buy Orange and Raspberry regularly.  Though it has sugar it makes the drink lactose free if that's a concern.  Another low sugar and lactose free option is to use nut milks.  

NOTE:  Do not overfill the cup because it will leak all over the base since you are adding air and the volumne will expand.   

I like to add ice the Ninja cup first because it's placed upside down on the base for mixing.  

Feel free to add what you like but right now Pineapples are $1.88 so that's certainly a good choice.  I always use Banana.  I have Strawberries and Fresh Spinach.  I also like Orange Juice.  I bought some Bacardi Pina Colada Mix, which I haven't used in ages, but one can made about 5 Double smoothies - each enough for (2) 12oz. smoothies.

Add the Ice, the Fruit, Spinach.  A scoop of Sherbet and a large dollop of Pina Colada Mix.  Add Juice or Milk or both.  Mix on the base until smooth.  Drink immediately. 

No comments: