Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mango Salsa (with Black Beans)

This is a great all year round recipe and it's healthy, flavorful and has little, if any, fat. The key is to dice all of the vegetables so they are the same size as the black beans. In a bowl mix together the following ingredients and let marinade together for a few hours before serving. Serve at room temperature with a sturdy chip.
1 ripe Mango diced, 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed, 1 finely diced Red Bell Pepper, 1/3 Cup finely diced Red onion, 1 1/4 Cups Fresh Corn off the Cobb, 1/4 Cup Fresh minced Cilantro, 1/3 Cup Fresh Lime Juice, 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix.

Can also be served with fajitas, tacos, or used in quesadillas.

4 comments:

Carole said...

This is awesome!

Diane H said...

So funny. This picture came up on my news feed today. Nikki and I just made Mango salso this weekend. We didn't have all of the ingredients for your recipe so we tried one from Food Network that had cucumber in it. It was awesome. I will try yours the next time I buy a mango!!

Diane H said...

I made this tonight. It was very good. I bet it would be great served with grilled fish too!

Janice said...

Funny I was just telling someone about my blog who tries to eat "clean". I told her to take a look at this recipe in particular. I suggested she serve it over grilled fish or chicken if she doesn't want the chips.