Friday, March 8, 2019

Simple Chicken Meatball Kabobs

I've been very busy with home renovations and sometimes I get something that I can put together midweek without much effort.  I require it has to cook quickly and taste good.  I was at Costco with my sister D and we sampled Aidells' products.  We decided to split a package of Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs.  26 meatballs came in each package..  

Last night I bought a 1 Green Bell Pepper and a 1 Fresh Pineapple (wow $1.50, that's the lowest I've ever seen!)  I already had 1 Small Red Onion.  I prepped the vegetables and put everything on skewers.  I had a 1/2 package of Rice Sticks that I cooked like pasta which made it very low calorie.  

Recipe: Preheat the oven to 375 while you boil the water.  While all that is happening, prep and put everything on skewers and place on a sheet pan.  Mix together, 1 TBL Honey, 1 TBL Soy Sauce, 1 TBL Rice Vinegar, drizzle in 1 TBL Olive Oil while stirring.  Add a shake of Red Pepper Flakes for some heat.  You can adjust these quantities to taste.  Glaze both sides of the vegetable/meatballs.  Place in hot oven for 15 minutes until hot throughout, browned lightly and bubbly.  Serve at once.  

No comments: