Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nature's Own Bread

As soon as I got out on my own and began buying my own food I immediately steered away from white bread.  At that time, I purchased Roman Meal.  I moved to a city and it wasn't available so I switched to Nature's Own.  For the most part, I am a very loyal customer to brands until they change the recipe.  Then I am gone faster than you can say "pecan".  After eating the Nature's Own Honey Wheat bread for years, they changed the recipe.  I gave it time, hoping a batch was mixed wrong.  I bought if for about another month at 3 or 4 different stores.  I even ran into the guy filling the shelves and asked about it.  He admitted, it wasn't the first time he had heard this from a loyal customer.  The problem was the new version of the bread was gummy.  I moved to their Nature's Own Wheat Bread.  That's all we have eaten for about the past 6-7 years (or when ever it was that they changed their recipe).

If you buy this brand then you have seen their new bread called Nature's Own Honey 7 Grain and it is extremely good!  If you haven't tried it, it is awesome!  Toasted, it is as close to the bread I make in my bread maker.  I debated on buying this exclusively from now on and found myself drawn to it last time I was at the store so it may be our new bread.  I think good quality bread is very important to a household because it's such a large part of our daily food.  I love it toasted with turkey and tomato.  If you think about it, try it out and tell me what your opinion.  The comments section is open!

1 comment:

Diane H said...

My kids like white bread. I like the bread to be healthy. Nature's Own Whitewheat bread has quite a bit of fiber for a white bread. Check it out. We also like the NO wheat bread too. I haven't seen the Honey 7 Grain you mentioned. I will look for it.