Saturday, July 25, 2020

Banana and Nutella stuffed French Toast

I can't even recall where this idea came from.  I'm certain though I was watching something on tv or online and decided to make it the next day for breakfast.  Other than that, I don't know who to give the credit to.  I may have improvised something I saw, I'm not really sure.  I was going to dust it with powdered sugar or even drizzle Vermont Maple Syrup but it was sweet enough as is was, so we ate it plain.  

The proportions below will make 2 sandwiches.

To a flat bottom bowl (I use a pasta plate) mix 1 Egg, 2 Tbl Cream (1/2 & 1/2, milk, or even egg nog works fine), 1 Tbl Orange Juice, 1/4 tsp Vanilla, and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon.  

Slice 1/2 Banana.  Spread Nutella on 2 slices of bread.  NOTE: Pictured is sliced whole wheat bread but a nice loaf that you cut would be nicer cut in 1/2" slices.  Arrange banana on 1 slice of bread and sandwich with the other slice.  

Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount to Cooking Spray.  Dip the banana sandwich in the egg mixture, quickly, turning it over in order to coat the second side.  Add to the hot pan.  Cook until golden brown, turning once.  Spread with a small amount of Butter.  Cut in 1/2 and serve at once.    

No comments: