Saturday, June 26, 2010

Apple Topped Pancakes

I just made this up this morning.  Wow, what a hit!  My son wanted a warm apple topping on pancakes for breakfast.  I knew we had an apple, so that's what we made.  Heat up a small sauce pan over medium heat while you peel, core and dice 1 Apple.  Add 1 generous Tbl Butter to the pan.  Saute the apple.  Sprinkle in Cinnamon, add 1 Tbl Brown Sugar and a dash of Vanilla.  Preheat griddle. 
This is my Mom's Pancake recipe.  Beat 1 Egg, Add 1 Cup Buttermilk, and 2 Tbl Canola Oil.  Add 1 Tbl Sugar, 1 tsp baking Powder, 1 tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp Salt.  Stir til smooth.  Add 1 Cup Flour.  I used 1/4 Buckwheat flour and 3/4 Cup Flour.  Stir and cook on hot griddle.  Top with apples, whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Eat immediately!

No comments: