Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blueberry Banana Pecan Bran Muffins

This is the Nabisco recipe I use (with some changes) but I like All-Bran cereal better.   Preheat oven to 400.  In a 4 Cup measuring cup add 1 Cup Whole Milk and 1 1/4 Cups Bran Cereal.  Let this sit for 5 minutes.   In a bowl, measure the 1 1/4 Cup Flour, 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 1/4 Sugar,  2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp Salt.  Add to the measuring cup, 1/4 Cup Canola Oil, 1 Egg, and 1 Banana.  Using a fork, mash the banana against the side of the bowl.  Stir to combine.  To the dry ingredients add 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts and 2/3 Cup Frozen Blueberries.  If the berries aren't frozen it's ok.  I pick them fresh and put them in the freezer once I decide I am making muffins.  Mix the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until combined.  Place in muffin cups either greased with Crisco or use muffin papers.  Bake for about 20 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.  Enjoy!

No comments: