Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trout Pecan with Lemon Butter Sauce

Like I mentioned in my last post, I am trying to perfect my Lemon Butter pan sauce.  This was an even better try as I made a few minor adjustments.  Rinse fish, in this case Trout Fillets, 1 per person.  Set onto paper towels to absorb excess moisture.  Lightly Salt and Pepper the fillets.  Zest and Juice 1 Lemon for every two fillets.  Set aside.  This fish is larger than the Orange Roughy (if you have read my previous post).  To cook 4 fillets, I used two 12" skillets.  If you don't have two then make this 2 times and clean the skillet before making the second batch.  Rough chop Pecans and toast in 1 Tbl Butter over medium heat.  Add A Few Pinches of Sugar, 1 Few Pinches of Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper and stir while they are toasting.  Set a side.  Heat empty skillet over medium high heat.  Add 2 Tbl Butter and melt.  Add fish fillets.  When they begin to look opaque around the edges, carefully flip the fish.  Let the second side cook until the fish is firm to the touch in its thickest part.  When done, place on a warm plate and make the pan sauce.  Add the lemon zest to the pan.  Stir for about 20 seconds.  Add lemon juice and swirl for 30 seconds.  Add 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth and cook until it begins to thicken.  Turn off heat and add 2 Tbl Butter and swirl until melted.  Spoon over the fish and top with the toasted pecans.  Serve at once.
NOTE:  The changes I made to this recipe vs. the Orange Roughy were to replace the Olive Oil with Butter and to swirl in more butter at the end which gave the sauce a thicker consistency.  I also added S&P and Sugar to the pecans provide a sweet and savory compliment to the butter lemon sauce.  If you wanted to take it one step further you could add a bit on cayenne pepper to give the nuts some heat.  I would love to hear some feedback from anyone making any of these recipes.  The comments section is open without a login.

No comments: