Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Potatoes 3 Ways

The kids will be out of school soon and company will visit in the coming holidays.  I decided to try something I haven't done before.  Recently,we have bought baked potato salad at some of the local grocery stores and it's good but the potatoes have a texture as if they were either under baked or cooked in a way other than baking.  I decided to buy a $3  5lb Bag of Russet Potatoes and bake the entire bag.  There were 11 potatoes in the bag and they were fairly consistent in size.
On the first night, we had Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream and Grated Cheese.  I am going to make Home Fries with the 2 largest potatoes.  With the remaining 6, I will make a Loaded Baked Potato Salad of my own.  I plan to add Sour Cream, Grated Cheese, Crumbled Bacon and Scallions to the potato salad.  They were all very good and think of the price.  I bought 8oz Grated Cheese, 16 oz Sour Cream, 1 lb Bacon (of which I used 1/2), 1 bunch of Scallions (you can use Chives), and Canola Oil for the Home Fries.  What a deal!

2 comments:

Carole said...

I think you need to name it Loaded Baked Potato Salad. Sounds yummy!

Janice said...

Nice idea Karo, I changed it already!