Sunday, September 16, 2012

Craisin White Chocolate Coconut Cookies

It wasn't the best day to bake since it's still humid and it wasn't as cool as I like, but for some reason I decided I wanted to make chewy cookies by using coconut.  I looked at the ingredients I had on hand and settled on White Chocolate, Craisins, Nuts, and of course, coconut. The results were scrumptious! 
NOTE: Butter is VERY expensive now but I still prefer to use UnSalted Butter in my cookie recipes.  If you are unable to do that, you can use margarine or even a stick of each. 
In any event which ever you choose, it should be cool but not soft.

Preheat oven to 375.  Cream 2 Sticks of UnSalted Butter with 3/4 Cup Sugar and 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar.  Add 1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla and combine for another 20 seconds.  Add 2 Eggs, 1 at a time and cream until just combined.  Add 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Baking Soda and 1/2 Cup Oatmeal and combine for another 20-30 seconds.  Add 2 Cups Flour and cream until dough comes together.  Rough chop 2 Ghirardelli White Chocolate candy barsRough chop 1 Cup of either Walnuts or Pecans. Add the following to the dough by hand, white chocolate, nuts, 1 Cup Craisins, and 1 Cup Coconut.  Scoop onto sheet pans and bake for 8-10 minutes.  Eat while warm!

No comments: