Thursday, January 31, 2019

Nestle's Mini Skillet Cookies

Have you ever gone to a restaurnant and ordered a hot cookie and it came served in a mini skillet?  I knew we would have fun with the mini skillets I gave to my son for Christmas!  We were at Costco and my son wanted to buy a tub of Nestles Cookie dough.  First, it was larger than we would eat in a month.  Second, I told him I didn't think it had real butter and in reading the label, I was right.  Third, it was $7, not a bad price, but I already had all of the needed ingredients at home.  

I offered to make the cookie dough which I store in a plastic container so he could bake the mini skillet cookies when he wanted.  We've made 3 skillets twice so far and I think we have enough to make 3 more, if not 3, then 2.  The only thing that would make it better is to place a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on top when serving!  But this is an awesome dessert!

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease each skillet with a thin coating of Crisco.  Make the Nestle's cookie dough using the recipe found on the package.  Scoop about 1/2 Cup of dough into each skillet and press with the back of a spoon to even it out.  They will rise when baking.  Bake for about 12 minutes and reduce the heat to 350 to let them finish cooking.  Mine seemed brown on the edges and still light in the middle, so I decided to reduce the heat for an even bake.  Let rest for no more than 5 minutes and enjoy with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream or a cold glass of milk!

No comments: