Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teacher Gift Ideas

When it's teacher appreciation week I usually have lots of people to thank.

Here are some of my teacher gift ideas:

Put together ingredients to make something and include Madagascar Vanilla, (World Markets).

I like to give Goo Goo Bars (recipe on this site). I put together 3 small plastic bags with 1) The Sugars, 2) The Flour/Salt and Levening Agent, and 3) The Coconut/Nuts/Chocolate. I glue the printed recipe to scrap book paper and have my son write a note on the back and sign his name. I tie this to the bag and stuff with colorful tissue. Cost around $12-14.

I make homemade Wheat Pasta and include 4 oz of Homemade Pesto. I glue the printed recipe to scrap book paper and have my son write a note on the back and sign his name. I tie this to a bag and stuff with colorful tissue. This has to be refrigerated. Cost Under $5.

Homemade Granola (recipe on this site). I glue a printed recipe, for instance a Fruit and Yogurt parfait, to scrap book paper and I have my son write a note on the back and sign his name. I tie this to a bag and stuff with colorful tissue. Cost, under $5.

For a large group, I bake cookies on a stick and have my son help decorate them. I make an arrangement with the cookies in a clean clay pot using styrofoam in the bottom. Nothing says thank you more than seeing a child carrying this arrangement, proud they had a part in it. Cost under $10.

Get a small strawberry pot and fill each hole with a different fresh herb. Many times each herb can be broken in half and used to fill 2 pots. Plant flowers in the top. They'll have to water each day but will have fresh herbs all summer long. Cost around $15.








My sister has made fresh salsa packaged in nice jar (recipe on site) and included freshly baked chips from a local retaurant. The salsa needs to be refrigerated and it usually has about a 1 week shelf life. Cost $6-8 depending on the jar.

Put together the dry ingredients for pancakes (recipe is on this site).  All they need to add is Buttermilk, an Egg, and Oil.  I like to mix the flours adding either wheat or buckwheat.  I print out the recipe and attach it to scrap book paper.  My son writes a note on the back.  I place it in a handled bag along with a pint of Fancy Grade Vermont Maple Syrup which I purchase directly from Therrien's Sugar House, Brattleboro, Vermont.  You can call Kim directly, (802)257-4013.

I love consumables because it allows teachers to take a break and that's what it's all about! That says thank you!

No comments: