Sunday, June 19, 2011

Making something cool today! Grilled Vegetable Antipasto!!

It's Father's Day and although I won't see my father (but we'll talk) we are going to my in-laws.  I decided to make a Grilled Vegetable Antipasto of sorts.  I am pulling together a few things already listed on this site.  First I am going to make dough to grill flat bread (Recipe on the site).  Then I am going to prep and grill Sliced Egg Plant, Colorful Sweet Peppers, Garden Fresh Tomatoes, Vadalia and Red Onions Slices, Whole Scallions, medium Sized Portabella Mushrooms and Zucchini sliced lengthwise.  (I grilled vegetables in a similar fashion when I made the Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches on Ciabatta Bread.)

When the vegetables are done, they can rest.  Then I will organize them on a platter.  In lieu of describing all the cutting, I will just post a picture.  I will likely grill the flat bread here since it will be easier although I think it would taste better and be more fun straight off the grill.
Here's the twist, the nouveau!  I am going to make some warm flavored dipping oils.  To individual ramekins, I will have Pressed Garlic in one, Lemon Zest and Fresh Rosemary in one, Oregano and S&P, and Lemon Zest and Pepper Flakes, one will remain plain.  I am going to heat Virgin Olive Oil and add it to the ramekins.  This will release all the flavors into the oil.

The eating technique, tear a piece of flat bread, dip it in oil and top with a vegetable.  Sound good?  I hope so cause my mouth is watering!!  Let you know how it goes over!!
I'd say it went over well.  The oil winners were garlic and rosemary lemon zest!  I didn't make the lemon zest red pepper flake oil but that would've been tasty.

No comments: