Sunday, August 5, 2012

smitten kitchen's Zucchini Fritters, take 2.

I made these again for the 2nd time in 3 days.  Truly they are that good.  I followed the original recipe in the previous post and made these few adjustments.

  • I used 3 Zucchini as opposed to 2 and this also made 12 Fritters, a better number for the 3 of us.
  • When I was at the CIA this summer, I bought cheese cloth, so this time I squeezed the water out of the grated zucchini in small batches using the cloth.  I got a drier result which made these cook up beautifully.  
  • I decided not to add additional salt to my batter, however, on turning each fritter I sprinkled a bit of Kosher Salt to each Fritter and that was tasty.
  • I heated an oven to 350 and placed the finished Fritters on a rack lined sheet pan so they were warm when we ate and still crispy on the edges.
Safe to suffice, I am happy with the adjustments I made!  This recipe is a keeper for us!!

No comments: