Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oil & Vinegar

A few select cities across the country are lucky enough to have a shop of the above name sake.

My tennis team adopted a family this year for Christmas. Yesterday, I bought the bikes the girls requested.  As I exited the shopping mall that houses Sports Academy, I spied a cool logo and neat looking new shop.  I off loaded the bikes at home and returned to explore.

What a cool store it is!!  I told the owner of the franchise that I would like to return to snap a photo next week.  I normally don't actually advertise places around town by way of photography.  I have only mentioned them but this place is really neat and I want (need) it to last. 

In my opinion, the highlight is when you walk in.  On the left, there is a wall lined with hanging glass (obviously imported) dispensers filled with tagged Olive Oils, Grape Seed Oils, and Vinegars.  The idea is this.  You sample them with crusts of bread.  Then you buy your favorites by the 100ml.  They range from $4 to $16 per 100ml.  You pay for the bottles but you save them and return with them clean and dry to refill them something new.

I limited myself to 3 things.  Rich Extra Virgin Olive Oil from South Africa, Chardonnay Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic Grape Seed Oil. 

In addition, there is a myriad of delicacies from all over the world.  Shhh, I bought Imported Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives for my husband's stocking.  I sampled and purchased a Pear and Ginger Chutney which I have visions of being served with Cream Scones! Wow, that may just be Christmas morning breakfast with Freshly Squeezed Valencia Oranges and Scrambled Eggs and perhaps a strip or 2 of Applewood Smoked Bacon.

As I explore the flavors from around the world, I will post my creations so you'll have to check back from time to time.

No comments: