Friday, July 12, 2013

Butterflied (or Butterfly) Potatoes

I am grilling Rib Eye Steaks tonight.  I plan to slice them since they are thick.  I am cooking what my mother used to call "Butterflied Potatoes".  These can be made with any variety of potato that lends itself well to roasting in the oven.  Here is the recipe for Butterflied Potatoes.

Preheat oven to 375.  Cut 4 Large Red Potatoes in half.  Place cut side down and without going all the way through to the bottom, slice each one at 1/4" intervals.

Place the potatoes in a glass dish and drizzle each with 1 tsp Olive Oil.  Sprinkle with S&P to taste.  Add 2 Tbl butter to dish.  Place in hot oven for 40-50 minutes depending on how big your potatoes are.  Every 10 minutes or so, baste each potato with the olive oil/butter mixture.  This will open up the slices of potatoes, like a butterfly.  This dish never fails to take me back to my childhood days, when Sunday dinner was served at 1pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like we'll be trying it tomorrow night....in the Hudson Valley! Thanks.