Saturday, February 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I have made this simple peanut butter cookie recipe before but this time my almost 8 year old just about made them by himself. I supervised the measuring and mixing speeds. I also scooped the dough for him and he rolled them and learned to scored them.
Sift together on waxed paper, 1 Cup flour, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda and 1/2 tsp Salt. Set aside. Cream 1 Stick UnSalted Butter and 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. On low speed, add 1 Egg and 1 tsp Vanilla. Mix for 1 minute. On low speed, add 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter. Continue on low speed, add flour mixture and mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough in the bowl for 1 hour or it will melt in your hands as you handle it.
Preheat oven to 350. Measure out a consistant size dough portion and roll into a ball. (I used my smalled scoop.) Leave 2" between cookies for they will expand. Place on ungreased sheet pan. Flatten while scoring with the tines of a floured fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool before removing from sheet pan. Good lunch box dessert!

No comments: