Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grilled Sausage Pattties

I have been dying to make my own sausage.  This week I came across this guy grilling really good tasting "burgers".  They all caught my eye but the one I got inspiration from was his grilled sausage patty with peppers and onion.  I didn't see the recipe, so I seasoned the ground pork to taste.  I will give you an idea of what I added but you may want to change it for your own palette.
To 2 Lbs Ground Pork (this made 7 patties) add seasoning such as these to taste.  1 1/2 Tbl Fennel Seeds, 1/2 tsp Paprika, 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper, 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp Dried Oregano, Coursely Ground Pepper to taste and 1/2 tsp Onion Powder.  I would start with something like these quantities and make adjustments for the next time.  Remember the onions and peppers will give lots of flavor, too.  Mix together by hand and form into flat patties.  
Thinly slice 2 Banana Peppers, 1 Poblano Pepper and 1 Full Sized Onion.  Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tbl Olive Oil.  Add Onions and Peppers and cook til slightly carmelized.  Place in a bowl.  Grill Sausage Patties so they are cooked thoroughly.  I turned them 3 times to get cross hatch grill marks.  Toast Buns or some sort of Crusty Roll.  Serve with Slices of Fresh Tomato  and Grated Mozerella Cheese.  If you have it, add Marinara.  Wonderful quick and flavorful dinner!

For Gluten free serve on toasted gluten free bun or without a bun.

No comments: