Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Coconut Goo Goo Bars

I am not certain what magazine this recipe came from. I have many food magazines. A few years back I decided to make a cook book using all the individual magazines I have bought over the years. I cut out every recipe I have ever made or wanted to make. This is one of them. They are chewy because of the coconut, full of nuts and chocolate. Here's the recipe for Coconut Goo Goo Bars.
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 7" X 11" glass baking dish.



(Pictured, I used a small sheet pan because I doubled the recipe.)  The recipe below is not doubled and is just right for a 7"x11" pyrex baking dish.
In mixing bowl at medium speed, cream 1 Stick Unsalted Butter with 1/3 C Sugar and 1/3 C Light Brown Sugar for 2-3 minutes. Beat in 1 Egg and 1 tsp Vanilla. Sift together 1 C + 2 Tbl All Purpose Flour, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, and 1/4 tsp Salt. On low speed, add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 1/4 C Coconut, 1 C Semi Sweet Chips, and 1/2 C Coarsely Chopped Pecans. Spread into buttered baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. If serving warm, cut into brownie sized pieces, top with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge!

No comments: