Thursday, April 9, 2009

Comfort Food! Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli Tart

I love this recipe! You can combine anything you are in the mood for. I used the remaining ham from earlier in the week. Here's how you make a savory tart.
Preheat oven to 400F. Defrost Puff Pastry (I used Pepperidge Farms). Roll out pastry so it will fit your tart pan, bottom and sides. I used a 10" deep dish tart pan made by Martha Stewart.

Place pastry over pan and tuck overhanging pastry into the sides. I find it appetizing to have different thicknesses of crust. Pinch pastry onto sides of pan. Roll pin over the top to remove any extra pastry.
Add to bottom of the pastry, 3/4 C Cooked Broccoli and 3/4 C Ham. In bowl using a wire whip, beat 4 Eggs, 1/2 C Whole Milk, 1/4 C Half & Half, 2 Tbl Flour and S&P to taste. Add to pastry. The pan will be about 2/3 full, but it puffs up. Top with 1/2 C Grated Cheese, I used Mexican 4 Cheese. Place in hot oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove outer ring and let cool another 5 minutes before slicing with a bread knife. Serve with a spinach salad!

No comments: