Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spinach Pesto Bread

Back when I made pasta that I sold at the local farmer's market, I also made pesto. My sister D told me of a bread she likes to make using pesto so I began making it. I reminds me of the bread I used to buy at Fisherman's Wharf in SF. Sorry I am not going to give you my pesto recipe. Proprietary secret.
This Spinach Pesto Bread recipe is very simple to make. It can be served many ways; as an hors doeurves, a bread, or by itself. Whichever you chose, I can attest everyone always enjoys this Spinach Pesto Bread.
Preheat oven to 450F. Split lengthwise, 1 Fresh Loaf of French or Italian Bread . Spread your favorite Pesto (about 4 oz) onto both halves. Top with 1 layer of Fresh Clean Spinach Leaves. Lay Muenster Cheese over spinach. Place in hot oven and bake until golden brown about 10 minutes. Cut on the diagonol into strip and serve at once.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Did I teach you how to make this? You have to serve it with lemon wedges. If you haven't tried it that way, you are missing something special!! D.

Janice said...

I should mention, my sister D suggested this to me years ago. I have been debating long and hard about my pesto recipe and opted not to share it, in fact no one knows it but me. What cheese do you use, D? I like Muenster because it melts nicely and isn't stringy. So as she says, a little squeeze of lemon, too!