Friday, March 6, 2009

If Life Gives You Lemons....

Posted by Picasa.... like my sister D says, add vodka and sugar.
Ever since that same sister, I have four of them, served me my first Lemon Drop Martini I have LOVED them! I decided to make one tonight and photograph it because I have always wanted to. I really like these glasses but haven't found any since I bought my first two at World Markets.
My son has been asking when he'll get to go swimming again and I'v been thinking when it's warm enough to drink Lemon Drop Martini's poolside. I can attest, we are close!
Boil 1/2 c. water in saucepan. Add 1 c. sugar. Swirl and as soon as liquid becomes clear, take it off the heat. In shaker, add juice of 1 lemon, 1 jigger Absolut Citron, 1/2 jigger Triple Sec, 1 jigger simple syrup (the sugar mixture) and lots of ice. Using a spent lemon half, rim your glass. Sugar the rim using Stirrings Lemon Drop Rimmer (World Markets). Pour into glass and enjoy. Note: The glasses shown hold 1 1/2 drinks.

Same great drink on the rocks in a pilsner glass.

Caution, DON"T drink over the legal limit and drive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice I have 12 of these glasses that my Mom gave us one Christmas. I'll ask her where she got them. I love them too. Great idea. Love you. Mary